Ode To Abu

Wednesday 16 January 2013

The Year of the Resolve

Back in the saddle at the start of the new year. Well, Sankranti/Lohri/Pongal are considered the Indian version of the New Year anyway. 

Having always been a bit of a late bloomer, slightly eccentric, and one who dances to her own tune only (read: lost in time and space), my absence from this blog is justified. Don't ask how. Answers ain't important. Questions, ah yes, now those we all love. It was a phase where I chose to live and enjoy life and did not feel the need to document it!

The year 2012 ended on a sombre note. Before that it was pretty much the Year of the Indulgence for me. From going where my heart dictated and pretty much doing accordingly as well -- ranging from food, travel, people, places and ideas, I went with the flow. Did not analyse or think too much, as was the wont of yore. This has been extremely liberating and am immensely grateful to my family and friends for giving me the opportunity to do as I please and allowing me to indulge my senses, thoughts, speech and action. I soared and dived as desired. It would be lovely if I could continue in that vein through 2013 as well and onward. If there's anything that would stop me, it would only be me, as the philosphers would say!

Would prefer to continue with all of the above with strong intentions for the year(s) ahead. Kindly note, intentions and not resolutions. Intentions are powerful and record commitment and specific plans of action. Resolutions are rules that are only meant to be broken. So passe! Stopped doing those many moons ago.

So, 2013 would be the Year of the Resolve for me. Shall break it up with the 21 day rule, with atleast 2 specific intentions to be packaged within. Let's see how this fares at the end of the year.

Best wishes to all of us on this beautiful Planet Earth! May we all be happy, may we all be peaceful, may we all be free from suffering. May we respect Mother Earth and may we be grateful for every moment. Happy New Year, everyone! 

Onward ho already then!
         
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment